Associate Financial Planner
Position Overview: The Associate Financial Planner works directly with Advisors to assist with the wealth management and financial planning needs of clients. This position is responsible for providing support to Advisors including data gathering, case design, scenario building, financial plan development and financial plan implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate and field client calls on various planning items, miscellaneous requests and advice on various topics as appropriate.
- Perform special request analyses for clients (e.g., mortgage analysis, social security analysis, etc.).
- Provide support for the financial planning needs of clients including:
- Conduct research as needed and work with client’s other advisors (attorneys, CPAs, etc.) to obtain all necessary data for financial planning analyses.
- Prepare all retirement forecasts, cash flow analyses, education forecasts, insurance analyses, estate flows, etc.
- Identify areas of opportunity for clients based on financial planning analyses.
- Create drafts of financial plans.
- Prepare materials for client meetings; work with other team members to ensure client meetings are prepared for thoroughly and accurately.
- Attend client meetings and take notes as requested; manage/delegate/complete all meeting follow-up items.
- Perform accurate mutual fund and brokerage transactions in compliance with the firms trading policies.
- Liaise with client’s attorneys and accountants as needed.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, accounting, finance, economics or related experience.
- 2+ years of experience in client service in the financial services industry (preferably with an independent registered investment advisory firm).
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, Redtail, Morningstar, Orion, eMoney, GoTo, iRebal, Lasher App, & DocuSign.
Other Skills & Experience
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Reliable, follows through on commitments, does not shrink from new challenges.
- Possesses a passion to help new and existing clients.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Uphold firm’s purpose, vision and values.
If you're interested in a new career in a wonderful environment with huge opportunity for growth and a cutting-edge RIA – please email a cover letter along with your resume to: email@example.com